Saturday, April 5, 2014

BITTER/SWEET... (sort of)

Driving down International Blvd, I ran into a billboard with my illustration of Beast.  Very cool to see the piece still out and brought up many a memory.  Somewhat sad in the sense it may very well be one of my last advertising illustrations.  My Beast was also the image used for the Magic Kingdom map for most of the last half of 2013.  I also got to do the New Fantasyland Ariel that was seen around town.  A great way to transition out of one profession into another!  :)  Thank you DDG and YS’s.

From 2007 to 2013 I had the awesome chance to do sooo many high profile graphics for the Disney parks that I am still agog at the opportunity that a Mr Bob Holden started with my first Disney Park illustration of the 2009 dated logo.
If you have an interest in seeing more of the illustration work, email me.


Last July, after becoming the third, resident Disney Fine Artist to the WDW parks, I have needed to turn down all inquiries for advertising art.  Some were AMAZING and I could not believe what I was passing up,  There just is not enough time!

After 25 years of being “guided” creatively, it is really nice having the opportunity to chose which characters and designs to work with.

2 comments:

  1. Love your art. My wife and I have a framed copy of the Goofy, Donald, and Pluto as the hitch hiking ghosts you signed for us last year right before our wedding.

    We'll hopefully catch you Sunday at Downtown Disney. Not sure if it's still available at all, but if there's a copy of 'Who Are Youuuuuu' I'm totally grabbing one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I'll keep an eye out for you two and FYI... Who R Youuu isn't available in the parks but i am selling my personal artist proofs. If it interests you please check out the site and the available #'s. http://www.artifx.com/APs/Home.html
    Hope to see you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete